Monday, March 23, 2009

like i said, Saturday I said I'm sorry . . .

Actually, I haven't even finished Friday from this epic weekend.  So, Friday it is.  

The "uncool people" headed off to the British Museum (which is actually a very cool place) and the sophisticated ones among us headed to Camden Markets.  I bet you can't guess where I spent my afternoon :)

Camden Markets! 

I've not seen an eclectic mix of wonderfully brilliant items in quite a while.  Anything from old books, to wellies (rain boots), to a fantastic vintage shop called funky town full of outfits perfect for the fisher funk.  Life size horses in the passages, "The best shop in the world," a store with "death bands" (as Santiago calls leather bracelets with metal studs), goth clothing galore.  My senses were awash in wondrous sights, sounds and smells as we explored racks full of nineties jogging suits and rooms of carved wood.  What a unique place.  So unique and intriguing in fact that it managed to entertain four boys and myself for over an hour or so until we were forced to head back to the tube station.  With nothing in our hands, but heads full of frivolities seen in the past hour or so.

From our cultural immersion we attempted a post-parliamentary tour meeting, with those goofy British Museum kids, which managed to fail epically.  We therefore spent quite a while standing just below Big Ben (not a bad place to stand) waiting for them before meeting up with them near Westminster abbey and parting again, almost instantly.  Some of us (including santiago, daniel james, Katherine Schilling, Colleen Moran and Topo and I) headed to the grocery store and eventually back to the flats to some absolutely divine, homemade quesadillas.  Pause.  

My eyes are getting heavy, I must needs stop for some sleep!  More tomorrow!  Peace friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment