Monday, March 23, 2009

Friday Night I Crashed Your Party, Saturday I said "I'm Sorry!" Sunday came and trashed it out again . . .

What a wonderful weekend! Friday found several friends from out of town in.  Santiago from Rome and Javs, Maeve and Dan Maloof in from Toledo.  Sadly, I had class Friday morning.  Good old Trafalgar square (we went to Covent Garden), so I missed out on the British Museum Tour but was elated that I could meet up with everyone in time for heart attack on a plate at Fryers Delight, home to "the best fish in chips in London" (yes, I know, every other pub makes this claim, but we at Kamen-Minerva have decided that Fryers Delight is the REAL deal).

With our bellies full and our arteries only partially clogged we set out from Fryer's Delight, past King's Cross and Platform 9 3/4 to the British Library.  There, accompanied by Maeve's beautiful reading of the infamous "Rick Steves," we saw an impressive collection of treasure including original writings such as Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Handel's Messiah, It's Been a Hard Day's Nigh and a play cowritten by Shakespeare.  Very impressive.  

Oh, and Topo and I were quite thrilled to see one of the earliest surviving Qur'an's.  We decided it was no wonder Muslim's sometimes argue over the meaning of certain Suras (or chapters), the writing was indecipherable and used no punctuation or vowels :) 

Following the biblioteca some people headed to the British Museum again while a contingent of us headed toward Camden markets.  However, that shall have to be a story for another time . . I'm off for a run, then headed to mass on this beautifully sunny day! 

Peace and prayers to all of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment