Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday's With Fr. John (and one really terribly depressing play)

Tuesday, Christianity and islam class today, yay!

Also attended my first tea time with Fr. John and Alice in the library.  I've discovered that while I really like the tea cookies I haven't any taste at all for tea . . . how do I know?

While Father John asked me a question, I took my first sip of tea and had to struggle with all my might not to make the "second grade first communion wine face" in the middle of my answer.  Disgusting, next time maybe I'll try milk with it, I'm thinking four parts milk and maybe 1/2 part tea?  Don't know if that still counts as tea . . . 

Also went to our first London Center mass in the cute little chapel in the farthest corner of the highest floor.  A tiring climb, but well-worth the effort as Father John proceeded to deliver a marvelous homily.  Following a delightful mass, Colleen and I set out to find a dinner place.  We met up with Pat near the theatre we attended later, Dunmar Theatre, and utterly failed to find something reasonable for about twenty minutes.  Fairly impressive in a city as big as London.

We finally found a cute little coffee and sandwhich shop to satisfy our hungry tummies and enjoyed some delicious paninis before heading back to the theatre to see BE NEAR ME.

Depressing.  Even our professor, Charles DUff ( the quintessential British man) thought so . . . at least the theatre was neat looking, being a converted warehouse and all . . . doesn't make for particularly comfy seating . . . anyhoo, back to the tarea and keep an eye out for my version of a BRitish Snow Day :)  Peace lovelies!

2 comments:

  1. More pictures por fa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes- in my Intro to London Theatre class every single play we saw was depressing/disturbing. except for one. I hope you have a couple more not-so-depressing ones!

    ReplyDelete